Monday, November 16, 2015

Fake ID Use and Greek Life Preview

According to a study done by public health professors, fake ID use increased by 3.7 percent amongst students who indicated they joined or were thinking about joining Greek life. With such a large jump in the percentage of fake ID use in this particular community, it seems it's become part of the norm for Greeks. "When I joined Greek life was when I got a fake ID," said Lexi Petkovic, a Michigan State University sophomore who is a member of the Gamma Phi Beta sorority on campus. Social pressures within her sorority and FOMO (fear of missing out) played a huge roll in why Petkovic purchased her fake. “You start to go to socials and around 10 o’clock [at night], people start to head to the bars and then there was me, heading back to my dorm, and I felt really left out, so I got a fake,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment